Thanksgiving is the beginning of the “Eating Season”.
Comfort foods during the dreary winter months, big feasts during the holidays tend to slide us into a few months of inactivity. This inactivity then makes us more prone to gaining a few unwanted pounds. Some of the ways to keep those unwanted pounds off is to start the “eating season” time of year with a few healthy steps.
- Eat a healthy breakfast: Eating breakfast will kick start your metabolism and keep you from overeating during the day.
- Go for a walk: A short walk will help you burn off the excess calories either before or after a big meal.
- Remember your vegetables: Vegetables are full of vital nutrients and will keep you feeling full for a longer period of time.
- Don’t overdo it: Eat just enough to satisfy your hunger.
- Enjoy your meal: Taking the time to enjoy your meal will allow you to eat less while still feeling satisfied.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle will give you more energy during the winter months and help you keep those extra pounds away.