Top 10 Commonly Broken New Years Resolutions
2) Quit Smoking
3) Learn Something New
4) Eat Healthier and Diet
5) Get Out of Debt and Save Money
7) Travel to New Places
8) Be Less Stressed
10) and Drink Less.
3 Tips to Achieve ALL 10!
1. Eat at home! Take 30 minutes to plan your meals for the entire week. Buy all of the
food you will need, maybe even put the meals together, and poof! You’re prepared!
No more last second Fast Food Meals! *Invite your family to help you and you have a
fun & educational family activity.
2. Activate your mind, body, and spirit with Yoga or an Exercise Class. You don’t
even have to join, just use the “Punch Card System.”
(Pay for 10 classes at a time and Save $!)
- CAPTA’s Kristen McDermaid, DPT teaches “Core Barre” classes at Anytime Fitness on Chandler. M/W @ 5:30 Your 1st class is FREE!
- Take your family sledding (FREE)! Cross country skiing ($4/person); Bike
- Rides on the River Trail (FREE); or to Jumpin Jax (Max $8 ea).
- Just get active for 1 hr/day, 3+ days/wk.
3. Don’t drink less, drink more… WATER! Water is your body’s principal chemical component and makes up about 60 percent of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water. Even mild dehydration can drain your energy and make you tired.
- Men need an average of 3 liters/day (13 cups)
- Women need an average of 2.2 liters/day (9 cups) (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283)
Do these 3 things and you will feel better (and get healthier), think clearer (and wiser), and gain freedom from the vices we cling to i.e. caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, ice cream, chocolate, etc…
FREE Smart Phone Apps: “Allrecipes.com Dinner Spinner”; “Calorie Counter – My Fitness Pal”; “Daily Ab. Workout”; “Daily Butt Workout”
Websites: http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/websites.html; http://www.anytimefitness.com/en-us/clubs/2543/East-Lansing-MI-health-club; http://
Books: The Skinnygirl Dish: Easy Recipes For Your Naturally Thin Life, Bethenny Frankel ($2.99 on Amazon.com); Pillsbury Fast & Healthy Cookbook: Delicious Family Meals in 30 Minutes or Less, by Pillsbury Editors.